Regardless of education, licensure/registration or experience, non-Canadian and non-U.S. general practitioners must obtain a Canadian licence/registration to practise dentistry in Canada. To obtain this licence/registration, you will need to complete an accredited dental program, as a regular or degree completion student, or complete an accredited qualifying program. Only programs accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC) or the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation are recognized as accredited.

To find out more about the certification exam administered by the National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB), contact the NDEB directly.