Please note that accommodation requests and the supporting documentation must be submitted in full each time you register for an exam.
Accommodation(s) to complete the DAT exam may be authorized for applicants with medically verified disabilities indicating such a need. The completed application for accommodation, including supporting documentation, must be submitted by:
- September 15 for the November DAT Exam
- December 15 for the February DAT exam.
Note that a medical certificate must accompany the application, describing the nature and extent of the accommodation(s) required, and attesting that the medical condition will not adversely affect the ability of the applicant to learn and practice dentistry competently and safely. CDA reserves the right to seek clarification from the applicant or the medical practitioner regarding the accommodation
If you are unable to take the DAT on a Saturday for religious reasons, you may request an alternative date as follows:
- Register for the DAT on the usual Saturday date
By the deadlines indicated below, send us a request for Sabbath Accommodation by fax (613-523-7736) or email (email@example.com) and included:
- A letter from your religious leader supporting your request
- The Payment Reference Number found on the Confirmation and Admittance letter from the DAT registration
The deadlines for Sabbath Accommodation requests are:
- September 15 for the November DAT exam
- December 15 for the February DAT exam
The DAT Office will then attempt to provide you with an alternative date and location.